The first winner is Senior Vice President of Novo Nordisk Foundation, Professor Lene Oddershede.
Lene was selected as the winner based on:
- Initiatives established at the Novo Nordisk Foundation to reduce unconscious bias in reviewing committees.
- Developing the NERD programme for the Natural and Technical sciences that fosters establishment of long-term research, which is suitable for retaining women long-term in academia.
- Raising awareness of the role of gender in funding distribution in common forums.
The second winner is Femtech.dk founded by Professor Pernille Bjørn, University of Copenhagen.
This programme was selected as winner based on:
- Practice-based and focused workshops targeting high school students that have led to a raised intake of women in the computer sciences program at DIKU from 7-9% to 17-20% over 5 years.
- Ability to raise the number of women awarded a degree in the Computer Sciences in Denmark.