Nomination criteria for DANWISE prize
Criteria for Selection:
Nominees can be individual persons, departments, or other functional teams or organizations from one of the Danish Universities, a life science industry, union or grant funding agency. Nominations can be submitted by the nominee themselves or a third party. Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of emerging or sustained commitment to the values of diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism by documented efforts.
- Evidence of exceptional efforts to eliminate bias and discrimination in the workplace within either a University, Life Science industry, or Grant funding agency.
- Demonstration of work, activities and initiatives from the individual, department, team or organization which contributes to the advancement of diversity and inclusion in academia or life science industry.
The DANWISE Prize
The DANWISE board members will choose a minimum of two awards per year, and we strongly encourage nominations from men, women and other gender identities. Award recipients will be honored with a plaque. Their names will be added to the award plaque, which will be given to the winners and will be also presented on the DANWISE website, DANWISE’s social media and annual newsletter.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- The nomination period is from 15th December to 25th February, 2021
- Please send your nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please add in the email’s subject byline: Nomination for the DANWISE prize
- A nomination statement is to be attached as a pdf file and should not exceed 500 words. The nomination statement should specifically identify the individual, department’s team’s or organization’s contributions and accomplishments.